KarmaBites

Karma♥Bites’s Mercurial Reads

Eclectic, cross-genre mood reader (but of late, mostly erotica, romance & para/UF—including m/m & ménage).  At times, the realities of life & work tend to dictate how UNreal a world I choose for an escape.

Fair warning:  I may walk like a lady but I cuss like a salty sailor. ^.~

How to Howl at the Moon

Joey W. Hill

Strain
Amelia C. Gormley
Progress: 57 %

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
Frédérique Molay

Some FYI & my apologies

UPDATE 19-Oct-2013: Caved and added a flag counter. *sighs/SMH*

UPDATE 17-Oct-2013: So, an RL friend apparently came sniffing and caught the “I will find you again!!” in my original post.  Her reaction?  “You went all Last of the Mohicans in your blog post.”

LOL!  But no, that’s not the update. :)  Not all of my CSS/HTML goofs have been fixed (WTH did some default links go?!) but things are finally coming together *and* I managed to locate an old folder w/ tons of covers.  Hoping that I’ll be in better reading mode by the time I wrap up some RL things.

(BTW, am I the only one getting confused trying to keep track of changes in usernames & avvies?  I finally decided to save that one for last.  That way, people can play around to heart's content in the meantime and ignorance shall be my bliss. ^.^)

Hope everyone's well & settling in here.  :)

UPDATE 12-Oct-2013:  So, 'global' changes apparently aren't so global via Custom CSS. :(  Think I need to hunt down BL's driving manual now. *sigh*

In the meantime, advance warning that there may be a slew of reviews soon.  Apparently, fixing a cover + old review = hitting my feed?  Oy!  Also, I've finally pieced together notes, etc. re: lost or 'missing reviews' so they, along with some past due ones, will be the first posted here. :)

UPDATE 11-Oct-2013:  This really bites the big one.  Talk about being caught mid-stream re: imported books―w/ neither option looking all that attractive.  *sigh* Shall have to ponder a bit more...

_________________________________

ORIGINAL POST @ 7-Oct-2013

I haven't been able to make my transition over to BL as quickly as I had expected.  Firstly, the site loads very slowly for me and freezes at times.  This usually makes me cranky as it's both annoying and time-consuming. :(

Secondly, the whole blogging concept is unfamiliar to me and I still need to figure out the basic BL functions.  Early on, someone compared BL to being in a dinghy by herself and seeing all the other dinghies bobbing about in the near horizon.  Ha!  I totally get that.  And to boot, I feel as if I have only one paddle right now.

So, until I have a complete set of oars (or even better, a motor ^.^), I've decided to re-start my BL experience almost from Point A.  Namely:

• My imported books may or may not disappear.  I'll admit it―the sea of green covers makes me twitch constantly and the thought of tweaking & fixing the vast majority of my books gives me a headache.  So I'm thinking that it may be more efficient and less confusing if I first do a test run of adding/rating books on BL.  That way, I can start adding new reviews here while slowly transferring (and deleting) my books manually from GR.

• For the time being, I may unfollow all but the few members whom I need to follow for specific reasons.  This is only temporary, and once settled in, I will find you again!!  TBT, the dashboard thingy & various feeds are making me too ADD (my own fault, not yours) and I gotta buckle down here and catch up to y'all.  (I'm also wondering if it will have any effect on how the various BL pages load for me.)  So bear with me and pls keep following.  That way, I can use my following list to find blogs and 'visit' with you for an extended period vs. random posts here and there. :)

OK, so first up... restoring my blog to default and diving back to HTML/CSS to customise properly so that certain changes apply globally.  Wish me luck!