KarmaBites

Karma♥Bites’s Mercurial Reads

Eclectic, cross-genre mood reader (but of late, mostly erotica, romance & para/UF—including m/m & ménage).  At times, the realities of life & work tend to dictate how UNreal a world I choose for an escape.

Fair warning:  I may walk like a lady but I cuss like a salty sailor. ^.~

How to Howl at the Moon

Joey W. Hill

Strain
Amelia C. Gormley
Progress: 57 %

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
Frédérique Molay

Amy "Red" Riding's Hood - Liz Adams Thunderballs! Talk about re-inventing a classic! I love erotic re-tellings of fairy tales (after all, they were originally meant for adults).

Liz Adams put together an incredibly sweet yet steamy story in such a short length. And she used a certain sequence from the original tale at a very apropos moment. As for the big, bad wolf eating little Red (as in the original version by Charles Perrault)? Well, I'll admit that I had to pause while my brain engaged in some mental gymnastics.

Just two things kept me from enjoying this without reservation. One, I understood logically the reason for the scene involving Red's aunt but emotionally, it really took me out of the story. Two, I wish that this could have been just a tad longer. I completely forgot about the bonus excerpt so thought there was a bit more to read. But when I clicked to the next page and... over :(

Given the barriers to their relationship, did they truly get their HEA? Inquiring minds want to know, Ms. Adams!