KarmaBites

Karma♥Bites’s Mercurial Reads

Eclectic, cross-genre mood reader (but of late, mostly erotica, romance & para/UF—including m/m & ménage).  At times, the realities of life & work tend to dictate how UNreal a world I choose for an escape.

Fair warning:  I may walk like a lady but I cuss like a salty sailor. ^.~

How to Howl at the Moon

Joey W. Hill

Strain
Amelia C. Gormley
Progress: 57 %

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
Frédérique Molay

REVIEW: “Hooligan Bear” by Ian Toynton

Hooligan Bear: A Special Day - Ian Toynton, Andrea Dietrich

Cute story about friends rallying to make a day special...

(★★1/2) I didn't realize that HOOLIGAN BEAR: A SPECIAL DAY was part of a series. Although it can be read as a stand-alone, it may be better to start with the first book so to learn who all the bears are and how they met. (For example, I was lost as to how/why the bears were at a factory.)

THE GOOD: Quick and easy to read. Written using kid-friendly language so that a young child could follow the story. The watercolor-like illustrations were very cute, pleasing to the eye and child alike. (But maybe some of them would've been better if slightly larger so to show more details.)

THE CONCERNS: Kids are way too impressionable so I completely skipped the part of the adventure involving the bears climbing onto the bakery roof and then lowering themselves with a rope. Also, their little adventure getting the cupcake? Well... technically, it was theft so that may raise a question or two from an alert, precocious child.

* My thanks to NetGalley and the author/publisher for providing a copy for an objective review.

Source: http://karmabites.booklikes.com/post/824260/review-hooligan-bear-by-ian-toynton