KarmaBites

Karma♥Bites’s Mercurial Reads

Eclectic, cross-genre mood reader (but of late, mostly erotica, romance & para/UF—including m/m & ménage).  At times, the realities of life & work tend to dictate how UNreal a world I choose for an escape.

Fair warning:  I may walk like a lady but I cuss like a salty sailor. ^.~

How to Howl at the Moon

Joey W. Hill

Strain
Amelia C. Gormley
Progress: 57 %

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
Frédérique Molay

Come to Me - Sofia Grey SWEET, EROTIC STORY ABOUT KINDRED SPIRITS

I’d like to thank Sofia Grey (a NTM author) for writing COME TO ME, and Bookie for sponsoring a giveaway which enticed me to try this gem of a novelette. Given some of my recent experiences with SPA books, I actually said a heart-felt “Oh, thank God!” out loud.

COME TO ME is a sweet, erotic paranormal/supernatural story about kindred spirits who somehow find each other on a psychic plane and form an instant connection. Summer Meadows is a British psychic and co-owner of a handmade confectionary shop. Jack McKane is a luscious Texan cowboy—“dark, sultry and sweet” (oh! and Black Irish, too *wink*). Alas, they meet at one of Summer’s séances when he appears instead of the expected spirit.

A quick, one-sitting read, this novelette is only 39 pages but OMG, what Ms. Grey packs into its short length! Incredibly well- and tightly-written prose, with very little wasted sentences, indicates that Ms. Grey is either a naturally-gifted writer or knows the meaning of revision. There were a coherent beginning, middle and end such that I sighed and didn’t feel unsatisfied at its conclusion (although I admit to a touch of the “greedy reader syndrome” of wanting more).

What happens? How is their connection explained? Well… you’ll have to read COME TO ME to find out. ^ᴗ^

NOTE: Certain words and phrases indicate British English. Otherwise, the story is very well-edited and follows most US conventions for fiction writing.