KarmaBites

Karma♥Bites’s Mercurial Reads

Eclectic, cross-genre mood reader (but of late, mostly erotica, romance & para/UF—including m/m & ménage).  At times, the realities of life & work tend to dictate how UNreal a world I choose for an escape.

Fair warning:  I may walk like a lady but I cuss like a salty sailor. ^.~

How to Howl at the Moon

Joey W. Hill

Strain
Amelia C. Gormley
Progress: 57 %

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
Frédérique Molay

Woody (Temptations, #2) - Kristin Michelle Adams UPDATE 28-Feb-2013: New version with different cover & title but same content
Version #3 @ www.amazon.com/Sebastian-Woodys-Temptations-Series-ebook/dp/B00BSDK4ZY/

INCEST IN CHAPTER 1... POORLY WRITTEN

For some bizarre reason, this book showed up as one of my Amazon recs. So I had a weak moment and thought that maybe... just maybe... WOODY would show some improvement from “[b:Temptations|17213326|Temptations (Temptations, #1)|Kristin Michelle Adams|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358732582s/17213326.jpg|23696445]” (book #1 in this series). After all, “[b:Temptations|17213326|Temptations (Temptations, #1)|Kristin Michelle Adams|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358732582s/17213326.jpg|23696445]” was this writer’s very first book.

And so I downloaded the sample from Amazon…

Well, serves me right for not trusting my first instincts. Still, none of the reviews posted thus far mention this so reading the sample wasn’t a complete waste of time.

FYI #1: INCEST IN CHAPTER 1 (twin sisters engage in sex with each other)
If anyone wants to confirm this, check the preview via Amazon’s Look Inside function (just click on the book cover). See e.g., Paragraphs 7 and 8.
ETA: Because someone claimed that there was no incest, just kissing, here's one example to prove she lies:
KMA - Woody incest #1 photo KMA-WoodyincestinCh1_zps26b98a28.jpg

Although my reading includes a wide range of (real) erotica, I’m not too partial to F/F and would appreciate some warning, especially if that F/F scene involved sisters. Maybe others may define incest only as penetrative sex but my personal definition is broader and covers sexual activity. YMMV and that’s fine. Just want others to know because there is nothing in the book description or elsewhere to indicate that this book contains incest (or a ménage, for that matter).

FYI #2: POOR WRITING
Based on the sample content, I found the writing in WOODY to be as substandard and muddled as that in “[b:Temptations|17213326|Temptations (Temptations, #1)|Kristin Michelle Adams|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358732582s/17213326.jpg|23696445]”. There is a general lack of comprehension re: basic grammar, punctuation, and syntax (sentence structure), as well as guidelines re: fiction writing. Furthermore, the writing style seemed both amateurish and juvenile to me.

I can’t be bothered to type out some examples so again, feel free to check the preview via Amazon’s Look Inside function (or see my review of “Temptations”).

Others may not have problems with incest and/or shoddy writing. And that is perfectly fine. Every reader has his/her own tastes and standards when it comes to choice of reading material. Just thought people should know differing opinions so to make an informed buying decision.