KarmaBites

Karma♥Bites’s Mercurial Reads

Eclectic, cross-genre mood reader (but of late, mostly erotica, romance & para/UF—including m/m & ménage).  At times, the realities of life & work tend to dictate how UNreal a world I choose for an escape.

Fair warning:  I may walk like a lady but I cuss like a salty sailor. ^.~

How to Howl at the Moon

Joey W. Hill

Strain
Amelia C. Gormley
Progress: 57 %

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
Frédérique Molay

[REBLOG] Not a tutorial - just a tip about notifications!

Reblogged from AnHeC

Am I the only retard that struggled with this?

I was kind of annoyed, because I if you have more then 4 or 5 notifications, you need to open a 'notification window'. Nothing wrong with that, except when you clicked on this little green button at the top, and then on a link,  there's no difference in how new and old notifications are displayed. If I have to check 30, and start scrolling down, I loose track of things! Damn it!

So it usually went like this:

Oh, how cool, 4 more to see (click)

THE FUCK THEY WENT? Which ones are new?

Yes, I now they're at the top. I also can count to four, hell, even five when I have a good day. It's silly when there are only a few. But 32? I have no idea where new ones end! I scroll down and get lost.

BUT! I've actually figured out something helpful.

If you save a link to your 'notifications page' and refresh/open it instead of clicking on a green bubble, new ones will be highlighted with green!

So when I see this:

I go to my notifications page without clicking on a damned, green icon.

Then I see this:

Notifications will remain 'fresh' until you click on

Opening links will not affect them. You can open away, refresh, and nothing will change.

I actually set link to notifications as my starting page - a nice short-cut in my web browser.

I ask again, am I a lone idiot? Am I so far behind?

Source: http://anhec.booklikes.com/post/424188/not-a-tutorial-just-tip-about-notifications-
Reblogged from AnHeC (I'm too fucking busy and vice versa)